No matter what your destination is, your trip will be much better if you are properly caffeinated. So, adding a coffee maker to your traveling gadgets list is the best decision one can make.
After doing proper research on battery-powered best Nespresso portable coffee maker (all these products) for traveling and camping, we have come to the following conclusion:
“The AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker is the best portable coffee maker that provides a delicious cup of coffee with a wide range of flavors with the maximum low acidity and without any bitterness.”
Why Is AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker Our First Choice?
- AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker yields a rich and deep flavor of coffee while Primula Brew Buddy doesn’t provide a strong cup of coffee.
- It ensures lower acidity and rich flavor without bitterness as compared to other coffee makers of its kind, which produce a bitter coffee.
- AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker Brews both Espresso and American style coffee whereas Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy only brews American style coffee.
Why Is Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy Our Second Choice?
- Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy doesn’t provide the deep and strong flavor of coffee whereas AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker brews a rich flavored cup of coffee. Check out these coffee mugs.
- It is only used for drip coffee while there are many other portable coffee makers that provide drip as well as Espresso or Nespresso coffee.
- Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy might steep into your coffee if the mug or cup is smaller. While AeroPress coffee maker is placed above the coffee cup and there is no steeping of the apparatus in the coffee.
What Makes Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy Still Worthy?
- Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy doesn’t require purchasing of capsules or filters whereas, for AeroPress Coffee Maker and most of the other coffee makers, filters are required.
- Being smaller in size and folding feature, this coffee maker can even fit in your pocket.
- Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy is a cheaper option as compared to other portable coffee makers.
The Best Travel Coffee Maker
It is not an easy task to find quality coffee everywhere. During traveling, there are some places where the costs of coffee are quite high. So, the best solution is to carry a coffee maker along with you while traveling.
A Nespresso portable coffee maker will save your money for the next adventure and add thrill to your trip. It is easy to handle and clean too. Smaller in size travel coffee makers brew exceptional coffee and most of them come in an affordable range.
Have a look at the top five available options and choose the one that goes with your traveling plan. These coffee makers provide a number of brewing options including instant coffee, espresso, and cappuccino.
1- AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker
The AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker is mostly used in the kitchen, but due to compact and durable design, it is one of the best choices among the category of the small portable coffee maker. The lightweight feature of this coffee maker makes it ideal for use while boating, camping, backpacking and traveling.
Since the first gadget was introduced, AeroPress has become the most favorite brewer among coffee lovers and coffee professionals all over the world. It brews an amazing cup of coffee under some ideal conditions including total immersion, rapid filtration and proper temperature.
This coffee maker comes with a zippered nylon tote bag that makes it easy for you to carry the coffee maker and a bag of coffee with you. It is one of the most popular coffee makers among people as you can see on the customer’s reviews of Amazon that it is scored 4.6 stars out of 5.
The coffee that is brewed in an AeroPress is smooth as well as rich for many technical reasons. The foremost reason is brewing speed. The coffee you get from this coffee maker yields the rich flavor quickly.
From adding hot water to getting a cup of coffee to drink, the coffee maker takes only 30 seconds. It is an innovative coffee maker that uses the ideal water temperature and gentle air pressure brewing to make espresso and coffee that is rich in flavor without bitterness and maximum lower acidity.
After you are done with brewing the coffee, remove the filter cap of the gadget from the brewing chamber by holding it over the trash can. By giving a little plunge, the used coffee grounds go straight into the garbage, which is a much easier and neater process as compared to scooping out coffee from the French press. As it is dishwasher safe so you can wash it easily afterward.
How to Use AeroPress Coffee Maker
- First of all, put a filter in filter cap and attach this filter cap with the bottom of the chamber. Place the AeroPress on the top of the coffee mug to hold the coffee when it’s brewed.
- The second step is to grind the coffee beans and for this, you can opt for a medium-fine grind.
- Measure the right amount of coffee and add it to the chamber. The amount of coffee depends on your preference and also on how you’re making it.
- Heat the water and pout this hot water into the chamber over the ground coffee. To ensure that you get all of the coffee grinds for the maximum flavor, you should pour the hot water slowly.
- Take the stirrer and mix water and coffee evenly.
- Let the mixed coffee and water sit for a while to brew. The ideal brew time for this small travel coffee maker is 30 seconds; however, some people prefer a slightly longer brew.
- When the brew time is ended, take the plunger and insert its rubber end into the chamber. Press the plunger down using even pressure to push the coffee through the filter right into your mug.
- And you will get a perfect cup of coffee to enjoy anywhere anytime.
What Comes in the Box?
The box of AeroPress has the following components: Filter Holder, Plunger, Scoop, Chamber, Stirrer, Seal, Funnel and Filter Cup.
- Remarkable low acidity
- Ideal for kitchen, camping and traveling
- Rich and smooth coffee without bitterness
- Brews both espresso and American style coffee
- Cleaning up takes just seconds
- Makes 1 to 3 cups of coffee per pressing in about one minute
- It comes with micro-filter that means no grit in your cup.
- Consists of too many parts and most of the people don’t like this hassle to get a cup of coffee
- The paper filter doesn’t seal perfectly against the plastic barrel thus leading to leakage
- The coffee might have coffee grounds
- Requires over twice as much coffee grounds to make two espresso drinks as compared to French press
- Requires some effort to push down
2- Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy
Primula Single Serve Coffee Brew Buddy is a small portable coffee maker that offers an excellent taste and effortless cup of coffee. It is a small coffee maker that is perfect for convenient single-serve coffee brewing and a portable gadget that brews one cup at a time for the coffee lovers. It fits on almost every cup or mug and makes a single cup of coffee at any strength.
Primula Single Serve is a portable single cup coffee maker with which you can enjoy a full-bodied flavor of coffee anywhere anytime. It keeps you caffeinated without occupying much space in your bag. The compact and slim design of this gadget makes it easy to fit inside the purse or backpack, making it easy to carry to school, work and while traveling.
To use this coffee maker, place it on top of the mug. The wide rim of the Primula sits securely over the edge of the mug and stays in place while you are brewing the coffee. Place a scoop of coffee in the fine mesh filter of the coffee maker and on it pour hot water.
The coffee flavor is thus quickly extracted. If you want to get a lighter color of coffee, then you need to pour the hot water quickly. Contrary to that if you prefer darker coffee, then pour the hot water slowly.
- Slim design with fine mesh filter
- Eco-friendly and economical reusable fine mesh filter
- Can be folded flat
- Compact and portable design
- Fits on most of the mugs and cups
- Dishwasher safe
- Makes an effortless and great tasting cup of coffee anywhere
- Doesn’t require purchasing of capsules or filters
- Brews a serving within just a few seconds
- Not suitable if you want coffee in a large group
- Doesn’t provide the deep and strong flavor
- The disc is hot to handle after brewing
- Not a perfect option for finely ground coffee
- Lifting of the disc is required in most of the cups in order to avoid steeping
- Coffee grounds on the bottom of the cup
3- Presto MyJo Single Cup Coffee Maker
If you are looking for a portable single cup coffee maker for a tasty cup of coffee, then Presto MyJo Single Cup Coffee Maker is one of the best options. It is a perfect travel partner as you can use it without electricity. All you have to do is to fill it with hot water and fit it on your coffee mug. For easy handling of this coffee maker, there is heat resistant and slip-resistant grip.
The most prominent feature of this product is its portability. The compact design of this coffee maker makes you carry it anywhere you desire to. Along with camping and trips, it is perfect to use for work as well as home. With this coffee maker, you can get a perfect cup of Joe in no time. It is small enough to fit in the backpack and offers a delicious single cup of coffee without the need to carry along the big brewing machines.
Presto MyJo takes a variety of capsules and you can also use the refillable capsules to make the favorite ground coffee. This machine brews 6, 8 or 10-ounce servings and one K-cup capsule create one cup. It is a small travel coffee maker that is quite convenient to use. All you need to do is unscrew the base and fill the water reservoir with hot water or you can simply place the water-filled reservoir in the microwave.
While the water is heating up, insert a single-serve pack inside the base. When the water is hot enough according to your preference, attach the water section with the base and now place the assembled coffee maker on the top of your favorite coffee cup.
After securing the lid, start pumping the lid downwards by applying a little pressure. If you need to get a more concentrated and darker coffee, then you need to apply more pressure.
Cleaning of this unit is also quite simple and easy. Pop-out the finished capsule from the base and wash the base with water. You also need to keep the reservoir clean as if it is dirty or there are any impurities, the taste of your coffee will be affected.
- Compact design
- Uses K-cups as well as refillable pods
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to clean
- Microwave safe
- Heat and slip-resistant silicone grip for secure handling
- The coffee maker does not sit well on smaller sized cups
- Lacks a handle to hold the whole coffee maker on the coffee cup or mug
- The entire apparatus can easily jump off the mug which is dangerous as it contains hot water
- The silicone gasket comes off during brewing
4- Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker
K-Classic is a small Keurig coffee maker with user-friendly features for a delicious cup of coffee. This coffee maker has the capacity to brew multiple K-cup pod sizes, which include 6, 8 and 10 oz. By using this coffee maker, you just have to insert a pod, select the brew size that you desire and you will get a great taste and fresh cup of coffee in less than a minute.
In this coffee maker, firstly the freshly ground coffee from the top leading coffee brands fills in the K-Cup pods of the device. The heated water then saturates the freshly grounded beans of coffee and flows through the paper filter, providing you a fresh and aromatic cup of coffee.
This small Keurig coffee maker has a large 48 oz. water reservoir. The large capacity allows brewing more than 6 cups of coffee in one full. It simplifies your morning routine and saves your time. Also, the water reservoir is removable so you can easily refill it when you need to. The lightweight feature makes it a portable coffee maker and you can easily carry it along on your trips as it only weighs 10.6 lbs.
The removable drip tray of this device fits small as well as large travel coffee mugs in it raging up to 7.1 inches. It comes with a programmable auto-off feature by which you can easily program the device to turn off after it is not being used for two hours in order to save energy. As it is a portable coffee maker that heats water, so it heats water by itself and you will not have to heat it.
Keurig coffee maker doesn’t only help you to enjoy a flavorful cup of coffee but also tea, hot cocoa, iced coffee and some other hot beverages. Available in two colors, you can buy the one that complements your kitchen decor.
Also, remember that descaling quite essential for the cleaning of your Keurig machine. By this, you can remove calcium deposits or scales that built up inside the machine over time. To know the proper procedure of descaling, you can take help from the descaling videos available on the internet.
Along with these marvelous features, there are some Keurig coffee maker problems too. The pods of this coffee maker are pricey as compared to at-home drip coffee. By using this coffee maker, I have come to the result that it is not as reliable as other coffee makers are in the market.
As it is a single-serve machine, so it becomes expensive if you’re making coffee for many people using the pods. Also, being a drip machine, you will not get a creamy and thick flavored coffee with it.
- Brews multiple K-cup pod sizes
- Less than one-minute brew time
- Removable drip tray
- Programmable auto-off
- Lightweight and portable
- The coffee maker is quite expensive
- The K-cups are not recyclable
- Doesn’t provide thick and creamy coffee
- Not reliable
5- Bodum Travel Press Coffee Maker
With Bodum Travel Coffee Maker, you can enjoy a tasteful cup of French press coffee on the go. Prepared from stainless steel, it is enlisted as the best coffee maker for RV because of the compact and durable design. For making this coffee maker easy to carry along your trip, manufacturers have used the spill-resistant lid for the French press mug.
In Bodum Travel Press coffee maker, there is also a built-in plunger with silicone. This non-slip and colorful grip makes it easy to handle. With this coffee maker, you can brew coffee or tea while traveling and can drink from the same container. This travel mug has the capacity to hold 15 oz. of coffee or tea and it is also quite convenient to clean because it is dishwasher safe.
As it is built with vacuum-sealed and double-wall construction, it keeps your beverages hot or cold as you desire for long hours. There is a non-skid rubber base in it along with a comfortable and ergonomic grip having colorful silicone band enhancing the appeal of the coffee maker. You can even carry the best coffee grinder for French press along with this coffee maker for your convenience.
How to Brew Coffee
- First of all, add three or four tablespoons of coarse ground coffee or the preferred tea.
- After that pour hot water in the mug.
- Now stir all the contents inside the mug, place lid on it with plunger up and go.
- After four minutes, you can press down the plunger and drink a delicious cup of French press coffee from the mug.
- Vacuum-sealed and double wall stainless steel
- Colorful, silicone and non-slip grip
- Easy to use
- Keeps beverages hot or cold for several hours
- Dishwasher safe
- You can brew coffee and drink it from the same container
- Compact and portable design
- 25% volume is unusable because the plunger does not go all the way down
- The seal between press and container lets grounds escape in the coffee
- Lack scoop that makes measuring out coffee a bit difficult
- The lid leaks, so you can’t keep it inside your bag full of beverage
- Only good for one person
Things You Need to Brew Coffee on The Go
There are various coffee makers available on the market, but along a coffee maker, you also need some other things to brew coffee on the go.
Whatever coffee maker you are choosing, you will need at least three of these basic things:
Many coffee lovers prefer to grind their coffee beans right before brewing. For this, you need to carry an electric grinder with you and if you are looking for a portable option, then hand grinder is the best option.
Pre-ground coffee beans is a convenient option and it is crucial to ensure that you are storing your coffee grounds properly.
Most of the travel coffee makers don’t require electricity for working, so you will need a way to boil water.
If you want a device that heats water by itself, then you will have to go for a portable coffee maker battery powered option.
A Travel Mug
After brewing your coffee, you need to keep it hot. It makes a good travel mug a vital part of travel coffee’s kit. When it comes to travel coffee mug, there are many options available in the market.
Things to Keep in Mind While Choosing A Portable Coffee Maker
There are different types of travel coffee makers that are designed for a variety of travel needs. All you have to do is to find the coffee maker that suits best with your requirements. To choose the best travel coffee maker, there are some points that one needs to keep in mind.
1. Easy to Carry
Before choosing a coffee maker for your trip, consider the size. Most people believe that a coffee maker bigger in size makes a better coffee, but this conception is totally wrong.
There are many coffee makers that are smaller in size but brew exceptional coffee. So, it’s best to choose a lightweight coffee maker that doesn’t take much space in your bag.
2. Brew Time
It is crucial to choose a travel coffee maker that generally takes 30 seconds to 5 minutes for brewing a quality cup of coffee for you because the brew time can slow you down.
3. How Much Coffee Do You Need?
The number of passengers with whom you are traveling plays a significant role in the choice of the coffee maker. The best travel coffee maker is the one that fits your needs.
There are some coffee makers that only make a cup of coffee and there are some that can make up to 12 cups. If you are traveling alone, carrying a larger travel coffee maker is a pathetic decision.
Contrary to that, when there are more people with you on the trip, the more coffee it can produce in one brew, the better the coffee maker is.
4. Ease of Cleaning
Coffee makers come with different cleaning instructions. Some needs washing by hand, some can be cleaned in the dishwasher, some require kitchen setting and some can be cleaned at the campground.
While opting for the travel coffee maker choosing one with simple cleaning instructions is the best option. If you are going to be back home in a few days, you can carry the one that requires little cleaning effort.
5. Source of Power
Before buying a travel coffee maker, you should know the source of the power of the coffee maker. Make the right decision by keeping in mind what power sources are accessible during your trip.
If you are opting for a battery operated coffee maker for camping, make sure to bring along the batteries with you on the trip.
Features to Look While Buying Travel Pod Coffee Maker
A pod coffee machine is a coffee maker that uses the coffee grounds available in a small plastic cup rather than the loose grounds that are placed in the filter bag. One pod is used for only one serving.
However, there are some blend varieties that can brew a full carafe. When you insert the pod into the coffee machine, the machine will pierce it automatically and run hot water through it dispensing the brew into your cup.
The most significant benefit of using pod coffee is convenience. With coffee pods, you save yourself from the fuss of cleaning soiled filters or grinding coffee.
Pod coffee makers make a cup of coffee faster than normal coffee machines. You get a cup of Joe in less than a minute and you can enjoy your favorite blend every time you hit the start button.
A travel pod coffee maker must satisfy your coffee needs as well as meet your traveling requirements. There are some people who only look for the pod coffee makers which make coffee while some look for a compact design with high-quality features.
While buying a travel pod coffee maker, we suggest looking for the following features.
1. Compact Design
For a pod coffee maker to be your perfect road trip partner, it has to be portable and compact. Since while traveling, there are many things to carry along so there might be less space in your suitcase as well as in your RV.
So, a coffee maker that is smaller in size is preferred, which can fit into small spaces, however, provides a quality cup of coffee.
2. Drink Size
For a portable pod coffee maker, choose the one that can accommodate a large travel mug as well as a smaller one for your convenience.
Depending on the model you choose, your machine should accommodate any size. There are also large-sized models that can accommodate a whole pot.
3. Tank Size
First of all, you need to make sure that the pod coffee machine contains a water tank and the one with a built-in filtration system is a plus point.
The size of tank influences how many cups you will get before filling the reservoir again and it’s a convenient factor while traveling. Larger tank size is suitable while you are traveling with family.
4. Spout Size
While buying pod coffee maker, make sure that there is enough room below the spit for your favorite mug. Adjustable spout to hang lower when smaller espresso-type cups are used is a handy feature.
Benefits of A Compact Travel Coffee Maker
A compact travel coffee maker has no comparison to a full-sized appliance. Despite the small size, it makes delicious coffee just like the coffee makers larger in size. These coffee makers are relatively affordable as compared to full-sized machines, which is the reason for the increase in their demand. Some of the reasons for the popularity of these travel coffee makers are:
- They are smaller in size and take less space on the counter of your RV or in your backpack.
- Most of these coffee makers are wet resistant and durable so you can easily use them outdoors. Being durable, you can easily pack this coffee maker without worrying about damage.
- Being transportable and portable it is the perfect option to carry on a trip and you can have your favorite cup of coffee anywhere.
- These coffee makers are available with a variety of power options. You can make them work by giving them power from car or batteries. So, they are beneficial when you do not have access to electricity.
- With the customized functions, they brew an excellent shot of creamy coffee and espresso.
If you’re a person for whom morning isn’t right without a perfect cup of coffee, a portable coffee maker can improve your trips by tenfold.
While buying a compact travel coffee maker look for quality, portability, convenience and durability, otherwise your coffee maker will be a burden for you than being a treat.
A travel coffee maker needs to strong, so avoid the breakable materials. Metal and plastic options are a better pick when it comes to traveling. Avoid coffee makers made of glass as there are chances of their breakage.
Portability is another critical factor to consider. It is best to go with the one that is no bigger than a coffee mug or a bottle of water. It should have parts that can be separated and lightweight.
If a coffee maker makes a terrible coffee, all your struggle will be a waste. Whether you prefer filtered coffee or espresso, look for the machine that provides a quality cup of coffee.
It is also vital to give your coffee machine a test before carrying it along. Most of the coffee makers are simple in use still you need to use them before carrying them along on a trip.
Make sure to bring your coffee beans from home because you definitely do not want to waste the space on a grinder in addition to the coffee maker in your travel pack unless you are going to a place where you can find your favorite coffee beans.