Everyone wants perfectly boiled eggs, but cooking them or boiling them in a microwave oven, it seems to be a challenge. It sounds easy to get the perfectly boiled egg, but the one who cooks knows the struggle to do so.
Are you a foodie like me and ever tried an electric egg cooker or you tried to boil? If not, try it now, and you will forget all the hassles and effort to get the perfectly boiled eggs.
If you prefer waking up to a perfectly scrambled, boiled, and poached egg, an egg cooker is the best investment to make your life easier. This device is wonderful if you want boiled eggs according to your needs and taste. The best electric egg cookers for 2020 will provide you the desired consistency for boiled eggs. .
For your convenience, we have done thorough research on the egg cookers available on the market and have concluded that:
“Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is the best egg cooker available on the market which has the capacity to cook six eggs at a time and has a separate non-stick poaching tray that has the ability to poach up to 2 eggs.”
Why Is Dash Rapid Egg Cooker Our First Choice?
- Dash Rapid Egg Cooker has a more compact design as compared to Elite Platinum EGC-207 Maxi-Matic Egg Cooker, because of which it takes less space on your kitchen counter.
- The audible alert of Dash Rapid Egg Cooker lets you know when the eggs are cooked while many other egg cookers and Elite Platinum EGC-207 Maxi-Matic Egg Cooker don’t come with an audible alert.
- With the automatic turn off feature, this egg cooker turns off when the eggs are done while many other egg cookers lack this feature.
Why Is Elite Platinum EGC-207 Maxi-Matic Egg Cooker the Runner Up?
Elite Platinum EGC-207 Maxi-Matic Egg Cooker is one of the best egg cookers on Amazon, but it lacks few features because of which it has become the runner up.
- This egg cooker is bigger in size as compared to Dash Rapid Egg Cooker, having a more compact design.
- Elite Platinum EGC-207 Maxi-Matic Egg Cooker lacks alarm to alert you when eggs are cooked, and you will have to stay by the side of the unit to check when the eggs are cooked while Dash Rapid Egg Cooker comes with an audible alert to let you know when the eggs are done.
- This egg cooker can’t cook jumbo size eggs while there are other egg cookers on the market that can do so.
Why Is Elite Platinum EGC-207 Maxi-Matic Egg Cooker Still Not A Deal Breaker?
- Elite Platinum EGC-207 Maxi-Matic Egg Cooker has the capacity to cook seven eggs at a time while the Dash Rapid Egg Cooker can hold six eggs.
- This egg cooker poaches 3 eggs while Dash Rapid Egg Cooker has the capacity to poach two eggs at a time.
- The base of Elite Platinum EGC-207 Maxi-Matic Egg Cooker is made of stainless steel, making it more durable while the base of Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is made of plastic.
The Best Electric Egg Cooker Available on the Market
Purchasing an egg cooker from the market is easy, but it’s tricky to find the best product. There are so many egg cookers in the market, and even the same brand has designed different models. However, based on their performance, we have selected the top 5 egg cookers with which you can enjoy the complete benefits of using egg cooker.
1. Dash Rapid Egg Cooker
Want perfect eggs every time! Switch to Dash Rapid Egg Cooker.
Whether you want an omelet, egg salad, deviled eggs, or eggs benedict in the breakfast, Dash egg cooker is all you need. Get the eggs your way every time, and you can cook 6 eggs at a time.
By this egg cooker, you can cook eggs in less time as compared to boiling water on a stove. The boiling tray of the device can hold up to 6 eggs, and there is a separate non-stick poaching tray that has the ability to poach up to 2 eggs.
Cook with precision and perfectly with the shell piercing pin at the bottom and the measuring cup.
With the single One-Touch Power Button of the device, your cooking will become effortless, and the audible alert lets you know when the cooking is finished.
The Right Tools
The right tools have been added in this boiled egg cooker by which you can cook soft-boiled, hard-boiled, poached eggs, and omelets. The included trays let you enjoy the eggs you desire to eat.
Although it has the capacity to cook 6 eggs at a time, the design is compact and is also lightweight. This egg cooker is perfect for small kitchens.
- Cooks 6 eggs at a time
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Doesn’t make a mess
- Boils, poaches, and steams eggs without much effort
- 360 Watt electrically powered heating plate
- The plastic parts of the egg cooker are BPA-free
- Compact design
- Turns off automatically
- The lid has a handle to protect hands from heat
- The alarm buzzer is loud
- Not durable as a steel egg cooker is
2. Elite Platinum EGC-207 Maxi-Matic Egg Cooker
If you are looking for a simple to use egg cooker, Elite Platinum EGC-207 Maxi-Matic Egg Cooker is a perfect choice. It is a compact device designed for small kitchens and is manufactured using BPA-free plastic and stainless steel.
This equipment boils up to seven eggs at a go, makes you able to make omelets conveniently, and poaches three eggs. From this egg cooker, you can get boiled eggs at your own chosen consistency; you can choose, soft, hard, or medium, whatever you like. But for this, you must know how to use an electric egg cooker.
This egg cooker comes with a measuring cup and a built-in piercing pin. With the help of the measuring cup, you can get the right amount of water for your required consistency, and the piercing pin helps in piercing the egg to release the Sulphur inside the egg and prevent cracking while cooking. As the piercing pin is built-in, so there is zero chance of losing it.
With the auto shut off system, the electric egg cooker turns itself off as soon as your eggs are ready to eat. Moreover, the beautiful and elegant look of the equipment adds to the overall appearance of your kitchen. The small and compact design of the device makes it fit well on the counter of your kitchen.
Easy to clean feature adds in the convenience of this device. While cleaning it, use distilled water to avoid discoloration and staining of the egg cooker. If you do not have distilled water, you can use vinegar as a substitute.
- Cooks seven eggs at a time
- Easy to clean, store and use
- Comes with auto shut off feature
- It is an affordable and inexpensive option
- Comes with a piercing pin and measuring cup
- The removable tray helps you cool the eggs after cooking
- Comes with a separate poaching tray
- Lacks alarm to alert you when eggs are cooked
- Cannot cook jumbo eggs
3. Cuisinart CEC-10 Egg Central Egg Cooker
With the new two-tiered cooking system, Cuisinart CEC-10 Egg Central Egg Cooker allows you to cook 10 eggs at a time. You can get the desired consistency of eggs with this hard-boiled egg cooker, whether you like soft, hard, or medium eggs.
With the removable tray, you can get poached eggs and can make omelets. You can also control the cooking time quite precisely with the amount of water added in the egg cooker. The built-in LED light and audible alert, let you know when the eggs are ready, and the standby mode of the device prevents overcooking. In this one compact unit, you can get all of your egg favorites.
- Brushed stainless steel lid
- Comes with a piercing pin and 180 ml measuring cup
- Two egg holders included
- Poaching tray having a capacity of 4 eggs
- Omelet tray with a capacity of 3 eggs
- Cooks 10 eggs at a time with the desired consistency
- Sleek and modern design
- Interior is made of sturdy stainless steel adding in the durability of the unit
- The anti-slip feet at the base keeps the egg cooker secure on the countertop
- As the lid is made of steel, so it becomes hot when you are cooking the eggs
- A bit pricey
- Lacks automatic shut off feature
4. Egg Genie by Big Boss
Egg Genie by Big Boss has the capacity to cook seven eggs at a time. You can get the soft, medium, and hard-boiled eggs by this unit. All you have to do is, place the eggs into this microwave egg cooker, add the required amount of water using the measuring cup given with the device, and turn on the unit.
The steam will cook the eggs, and you get the perfectly cooked eggs every time you use the device. The cooking time of the eggs is controlled by the amount of water added in the unit, and the alert lets you know when the eggs are ready.
How to Use It?
- First of all, fill the measuring cup to the indicated marks of soft, medium, and hard-boiled eggs.
- Using the piercing pin, pierce the eggs.
- Now, place up to 7 eggs in the egg cooker, cover it and turn it on.
- Have a quite loud alarm
- There is no dripping or mess
- You can also use it to steam vegetables
- Compact design and easy to store
- With the clear top, you can easily monitor the cooking
- Comes with a built-in steel piercing pin
- Does not always cook perfect eggs
- Not a durable option
5. Chefman Electric Egg Cooker Boiler
Chefman Electric Egg Cooker Boiler has been designed by keeping the needs of people in mind. With this egg cooker, you will get perfectly fluffy eggs, every time you want. This egg cooker cooks more eggs faster and efficiently than boiling water. The built-in buzzer signal helps you cook your eggs to perfection.
Tray Lifting Tool
The Chefman egg cooker comes with a tray lifting tool. With this tool, you can have freshly cooked and hot eggs without any need to wait for the eggs to cool down to move them after cooking. Moving the hot eggs are now easier than ever before.
Egg Holder and Poaching Bowl
With this egg cooker, you can not only steam eggs to the hard-boiled perfection but can also poach eggs with the included BPA-free bowl as well as steam vegetables and other food items.
Ventilated and Clear Lid
With the clear lid of the egg cooker, you can keep an eye on the eggs while they are being cooked to perfection. The steam spout located at the top of the lid helps to ventilate steam and prevent pressure build-up.
With the provided measuring cup, you can control the consistency of your eggs. There are markers indicated on the cup, offering an accurate measurement to get the desired consistency.
To prevent the shell of the eggs from cracking, use the piercing pin and pierce the eggs. This piercing helps to prevent the Sulphur build-up resulting in the greening of the yolk from overcooking.
- One of the affordable egg cookers on amazon
- Compact and easy to clean
- Can cook or boil up to 6 eggs in one go
- The base comes with an elegant design
- The non-electric parts of this egg cooker are dishwasher safe
- A buzz alarm to notify when the eggs are ready
- With the automatic turn off feature, the machine turns off when the eggs are ready
- Made from BPA-free plastic
- As the egg cooker is made of plastic, so it is not as durable as the stainless-steel egg cookers are
- Tiny handles make the hands at risk when the egg cooker is hot
Benefits of Egg Cookers
Eggs are no doubt nutritious, but boiling perfect eggs is not an easy task. For this, you need to determine the right amount of water for the eggs, the accurate number of eggs, and the right kind of cooking utensil. If you get any of the estimates wrong, the result will be over boiled, dry or tasteless eggs.
As eggs are a staple part of the diet, so making a long-term investment is efficient. For this, a great egg cooker is a perfect option as it makes things so easy. You simply need to put some water in, place the eggs, and press a button.
An egg cooker, not only helps you to boil eggs but also makes omelets and let you poach eggs at a time. It saves the hassle of the egg boiling ritual. Some of the amazing benefits of egg cookers are:
- Egg cookers provide consistent results when it comes to boiled eggs.
- An egg cooker is easy to clean and use.
- It comes in a compact design making it easy to store in a small kitchen.
- With an egg cooker, you can get soft, medium as well as hard-boiled eggs with ease.
Factors to Consider While Buying an Egg Cooker
Before buying an electric egg cooker that suits best with your requirements, you must be aware of the crucial features that together make for your favorite egg cooker. There are so many different kinds of egg cookers on the market, and when you go out to get one, you will surely be confused. However, with these factors in mind, you will be able to find the best one out there.
A. Weight and Size
When it comes to size, there are not many size options, and all the egg cookers are designed in almost the same size. They are quite similar in size, and the difference is in their overall size. Before selecting an affordable electric cooker for kitchen, you need to figure out the available space on your kitchen counter.
A compact egg cooker is beneficial in the long run. Keep in mind that you will have to place the measuring cups, the power cords, and trays as well, so the available space is critical to consider. While talking about weight, always select a lightweight option that weighs less than 2 lbs as it will be easy to carry around.
The material of the egg cooker is vital to consider as it adds to the durability of the unit. Most common electric egg cookers are made of plastic, stainless steel, and aluminum. You can also get a unit that is a combination of all these three materials.
Getting an egg cooker with a plastic lid is a heat resistant option and is also light in weight. The clear plastic lid also enables you to check up the eggs while they are cooking. However, stainless steel egg cookers are more durable.
Handling a stainless-steel egg cooker is difficult as it becomes hot while the eggs are being cooked, but if you are looking for a device that lasts longer than stainless steel is the perfect option.
The egg cooker is not only used for boiling eggs, but it can also be used for making an omelet, scrambled eggs, and poached eggs. While choosing an egg cooker, look for the one that offers multi function. Also, make sure to choose the one that offers the desired consistency of eggs, including soft, medium, and hard-boiled eggs. You can also get the one that helps you steam vegetables and fish.
D. Washing Instructions
A hard-boiled egg cooker is an electrical appliance, and it requires proper yet careful cleaning. Always look for the washing and cleaning instructions given by the manufacturer on the specific model. You must know what parts of the appliance are dishwasher safe. Choose a unit that is easy to clean and maintain.
E. Number of Eggs Cooked by the Egg Cooker
Based on your own requirement regarding the number of eggs that you want to cook in a go, you can choose between models that can hold between six to ten eggs at one cycle. If you live alone or have a small family, you can choose the model with one or two eggs capacity. If you want to poach eggs or make an omelet, then you need to figure out the required capacities, as well.
F. Alarm and Instructions
An electric egg cooker that alarms you when the eggs are completely cooked is more beneficial. Look for an egg cooker with an alarm that lets you know when the eggs are done and turn off automatically.
These models are a bit expensive, but if you want to save money and can manage to switch off the unit when the alarm goes off, then you can get the one that doesn’t come with the automatic turn off feature.
G. Cooking Time
The primary role of the egg cooker is to make cooking or boiling of eggs quicker. The cooking cycle varies based on the choice of the model. A typical cooking cycle of an egg cooker is between 5 to 12 minutes, depending on the consistency of eggs you desire. If you need a specific cooking time, you need to predetermine it before choosing the specific model.
Egg cookers are not only limited for boiling eggs; all you need to know is how to use an electric egg cooker. They also offer good steam, and you can use them for preparing power-packed snacks using your favorite vegetables.
Say goodbye to the conventional egg boiling methods and welcome this multi-purpose kitchen appliance to make your egg cooking process fun. We have reviewed the top brands for your convenience. All of these egg cookers are available online, and all of their features are mentioned clearly to help you find the perfect model that suits your desires. in the end Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is the best electric egg cooker in 2019 & 2020 for boiling eggs